This theme is wild and exciting. We went through piles of cowboy books to find the easy read for preschoolers.
Yippee! Yay! can be heard in our house quite often these days. We had hard time choosing the best of the best. Here are some of our finds:
- "I want to be a Cowboy" is a simple book of photographs that explain the details of cowboys and cowgirls' life.
- "Cowboy Small" by Lois Lenski. Small and Cactus are best friends. Yes, you guessed right: Cactus is the horse's name.
- "Cowboy Ned & Andy" by David Ezra Stein. Andy takes such a good care of his friend.
- "Giddy up, Li'l Buckaroos!" by Mark Iacolina. It's a board book to introduce the new vocabulary with fun pictures.
- "Dusty Locks and The Three Bears" by Susan Lowell. The author retells the famous stories with the Wild West flare.
I hope you enjoy following a group of these wonderful bloggers - hosts of the Poppins Book Nook!
Enchanted Homeschooling Mom ~ 3 Dinosaurs ~ To the Moon and Back ~ Planet Smarty Pants ~ Farm Fresh Adventures ~ Growing in God's Grace ~ Chestnut Grove Academy ~ Learning and Growing the Piwi Way ~ The Usual Mayhem~ Preschool Powol Packets ~ Monsters Ed Homeschool Academy ~ Adventures in Mommydom ~ Teach Beside Me ~ Life with Moore Babies ~ Kathy's Cluttered Mind ~ Are We There Yet? ~ Our Crafts N Things ~ Hopkins Homeschool ~ ABC Creative Learning ~ Joy Focused Learning ~ P is for Preschooler ~ My Bright Firefly ~ A Mommy's Adventures ~ Inspiring 2 New Hampshire Children ~ World for Learning ~ Ever After in the Woods ~ Golden Grasses ~ Our Simple Kinda Life ~ A glimpse of our life ~ Journey to Excellence ~ Happy Little Homemaker ~ Little Homeschool Blessings ~ Simplicity Breeds Happiness ~ Raventhreads ~ Learning Fundamentals ~ Tots and Me ~ As We Walk Along The Road ~ Stir the Wonder ~ For This Season ~ Where Imagination Grows ~ Lextin Academy ~ The Canadian Homeschooler ~ School Time Snippets ~ Peakle Pie ~ Mom's Heart ~ A Moment in our World ~ Every Bed of Roses ~ Finchnwren ~ At Home Where Life Happens ~ Suncoast Momma ~ The Library Adventure ~ Embracing Destiny ~ Day by Day in our World ~ Our Homeschool Studio ~ A "Peace" of Mind ~ Thou Shall Not Whine ~ SAHM I am ~ eLeMeNo-P Kids ~ Simple Living Mama
Have you missed the last post for "What Will I Be When I Grow Up?" theme? Check out all the fun of pretend play here: http://camillaandroman.blogspot.com/2014/08/millie-waits-for-mail.html?spref=pi
As usual, every theme comes with the Free Poppins Book Nook Lapbook. Download your additions for September here: http://enchantedhomeschoolingmom.org/2014/09/poppins-book-nook-wild-west-theme-introduction/
The lapbook pages include:
- An interactive bookmark for the Wild West theme.
- This month's Passport pages.
- Several lapbook elements centered around the Wild West.
- Reading response writing prompt.
Please, share your favorite activities, recipes, and books about the Wild West. I'd love to read them all!
You are very welcome to follow us here: